Virginia Wine Festival is Moving – to Oronoco Bay Park
100 Madison St, Alexandria, VA 22314
We’re coming back .. much closer to DC – shuttles from Metro, plenty of Free Parking, and More! Listen to music, bask in the sun, shop from a wide array of Virginia craft and specialty foods vendors, and enjoy the Grand Commonwealth Tradition that is the Virginia Wine Festival.
Oronoco Bay Park – Right On the Waterfront – 100 Madison Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
North Old Town, Alexandria, VA – bordered by the Potomac River on the East, Madison Street to the North and Pendleton Street to the South
Oronoco Bay Park is on the water with wonderful views! You’re only a hop, skip and a jump away from great shops, restaurants, Metro, and More – and we’re right off the Bike Path of the Mount Vernon Trail!
Transportation to Virginia Wine Festival
- Ride Share: We highly encourage you to use public transportation or rideshare options (Lyft, Uber, Via) if coming from nearby. Ask your drive to drop off and pick-up on the corner of N. Pitt Street and Pendleton Street to avoid some traffic (2 blocks from the Park)!
- Metro: Reagan Airport and Crystal City metro stations are CLOSED this Saturday and Sunday. This means that you cannot get between DC and Alexandria or between Alexandria and the airport by Metro this weekend. You have to take free shuttle buses which will bridge the gap or find alternative transportation. Go to WMATA for More Information
The closest Metro stops are both on the Blue/Yellow Lines – Braddock Road Station (0.8 miles from the Park) and King Street Station (1.5 miles from the Park).
- DASH provides regular bus service between the Braddock Road Metro and Oronoco Bay Park via the “AT-8” bus route, which runs every 20-40 minutes.
- Passengers may board the “AT-8” buses at the Braddock Road Metro Station. Look for the buses that say “Van Dorn Metro” or “Landmark Mall”.
- After a short ride, passengers must request a stop at the intersection of Fairfax Street and Princess Street, which is two blocks west of the park.
- After the event, passengers may return to the intersection of Fairfax Street and Princess Street to board the “AT-8” heading for “Braddock Road Metro”.
- Please see the DASH website (www.dashbus.com) for more details on fares, schedules, and other routes that are available.
- Please note that due to a major Metrorail track closure between Braddock Road Metro and Pentagon City, passengers traveling through that segment will be required to take a bus shuttle. Passengers traveling through this segment should expect delays and check the WMATA website (www.wmata.com) for additional details.
Parking Garages: Below is a list of Parking Garages nearby the Park. Please note there will be heavy traffic along N. Fairfax Street.
Colonial Parking Lot 267, Waterfront at Old Town – (1 min walk)
HB Parking @ 700 N. Fairfax Street – (2 min walk)
Colonial Parking @ 226 Montgomery Street – (3 min walk)
Republic Parking @ 220 N. Union Street (4 min walk)
HB Parking @ 300 N Lee Street (4 min walk)
HB Parking @ 301 N Fairfax Street (4 min walk)
Colonial Parking Lot 543, Washington Square
Colonial Parking Lot 523, Canal Center Plaza
Republic Parking @ 108 N. Fairfax Street (6 min walk)
Colonial Parking Lot 183, Torpedo Factory
HB Parking @ 115 S Union Street – (8 min walk)
HB Parking @ 110 S. Union Street – (8 min walk)
Republic Parking @ 111 S. Pitt Street (11 min walk)
Handicap Parking & Information: Limited spaces will be available at the 100 Madison Street entrance. Although the City of Alexandria doesn’t specifically classify Oronoco Bay Park as ADA accessible, the Park does offer two main trails and two sidewalks that run along the perimeter of the Park. Please note that the Park grounds are grass and there is some uneven terrain. Guests should use discretion as to whether or not they feel comfortable attending the Festival, as it is not the responsibility of the City of Alexandria or the Virginia Wine Festival.